Want to join blendercam development?
start here : https://github.com/vilemnovak/blendercam
want to help and you are not a developer?
- Make a tutorial and help documenting for others, this is painfully missing part...
- come to the forum, share your experience, post pictures for the gallery
- report bugs on the forum
- donate to the project
- give me any machine that has 4 or 5 axes, so I can develop blenderCAM for it.
ToDosorted by current priorities:
- support position object for groups
- support objects that are parented for position object and also for all systems.
protect vertical fix & improvement
- finish bridges to work with more operations
- helical entry with more operations
finish ramp entries to work with more operations mechanism to prevent memory overflows.
- some fun coding, do some work on crazypath
- machine simulation - do some real machine model simulation.
- some combined finishing strategy - e.g. cross finish that choooses
- feeds and speeds calculator
- rest milling
do a path which enables to carve with v or ball cutters so that these dive only to the extents of the outline, for fonts and fast decorations e.t.c.
- improve medial axis strategy by getting a voronoi library that supports linear or curved segments
- chipload computation and adaptation of speed by that.
- 4-5 axis support(if donations are high enough, I might buy a cheap 4 or 5 axis machine ;) so I can code support then)
change structure of libraries, for better orientation in code, make more commentsdone
- use rigid body branch of blender, then do combined shape cutters
fix bugs and do a 0.6 release!-done! basic 4 axis milling strategiesdone! limit curve optiondone! bridges for cutout operationsdone chaining and chaining simulationdone
- pencil doesnt work at all really yet.It's a skeleton of some future better code.not hard to make something of it, but currently no motivation.
- finish or test things marked experimental - neverending story
- improve performance - this is a never ending task
- add more options for gcodes to the UI
Use bullet collision detection is becoming the priority number 1. I think it could make the whole addon perfectly stable and fast.finished! better post-processors library. currently heeks CNC nc library seems to be a good candidatefinished! export spindle speedfinished
Ideas on performance and precision optimisation, or, what would help most if somebody with better programming skills can do it:
another polygon library for offsetting and booleaning polygons. Currently using Polygon python library. Better performing libraries are Boost.geometry(boost used by blender allready, but doesn't have any python interface, and I guess the geometry module is not yet used) or the Clipper library. Now there is Shapely in blender CAM. The big task is to get Polygon library out completely.
- true mesh object silhouette algorithm - vector based(currently raster based for speed with high polycounts) I did so far 5 (!) different silhouette algorithms, and none of them is better than the image based silhouette recognition... complex intersections ALLWAYS make trouble